Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: A Little Too Much by Lisa Desrochers




In the follow-up to Lisa Desrochers' explosive new adult novel A Little Too Far, Alessandro Moretti must face the life he escaped and the girl he left behind.

Twenty-two-year-old Hilary McIntyre would like nothing more than to forget her past. As a teenager abandoned to the system, she faced some pretty dark times. But now that's all behind her. Hilary has her life on track, and there's no way she'll head down that road again.

Until Alessandro Moretti-the one person who can make her remember-shows up on her doorstep. He's even more devastatingly gorgeous than before, and he's much too close for comfort. Worse, he sees right through the walls she's built over these last eight years, right into her heart and the secrets she's guarding.

As Hilary finds herself falling back in love with the man who, as a boy, both saved and destroyed her, she must decide: Past or future? Truth or lies?
(From Edelweiss)


My Thoughts:

I really liked the first book in this series, so I was very eager to read this one. I loved Alessandro in the first book, I just didn't want him with Lexie (I wanted her with Trent). I'm happy to say that I still love Alessandro and he's really the only reason why I finished reading this book - I wanted him to get his happy ending. I just wish it was with someone else because I really didn't like Hillary, which is why it took so long for me to get into this book and what almost kept me from finishing it on several occasions.

Hillary was a bitch, plain and simple, and it was really kind of hard to drum up any sympathy for her and what she went through. She was also pretty selfish, which I think made her more of a bitch. And her sister was just as bad, if not worse. I didn't like Mallory at all. The way she kept trying to boss Hillary around despite the fact that Hillary is in her twenties and no longer living with her sister was ridiculous. And the way she treats Alessandro is worse than the way Hillary did in the beginning.

Alessandro is really the only character I liked in this book. He is a man lost - tortured by his past, uncertain of his future - but always looking out for the welfare of others. He is way too kind to Hillary and her sister, actually believing that he deserves their contempt and poor treatment of him. It was heartbreaking reading about his inner struggles as he sheds his demons,especially since he doesn't believe he deserves to shed them - or be forgiven for the sins of his past. I am so glad that he gets the ending he deserves, even if it's with someone I don't believe deserves him (he deserved much better than what he got).

No comments:

Post a Comment