Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Christmas Carol by Michele Gorman



One winter wedding, two happy couples, three ex-boyfriends... And a very uncomfortable weekend.
Carol hates Christmas. Being recently dumped, she’s not crazy about weddings either. So her sister Marley’s nuptials, over the Christmas weekend, are making her positively Scrooge-like.
When she arrives for the weekend at the stately home in rural Scotland to find her three ex-boyfriends in attendance, Carol has no choice but to face her ghosts to discover what really happened in those relationships, learning a lot about herself in the process. As the snow falls outside and the fire crackles in the hearth, might one of the wedding guests become the harbinger of Christmases to come?
Available globally in paperback and eBook. Here are the sales links to use as you’d like.
Michele on social media:
twitter: @expatdiaries



My Thoughts:

I really liked the premise of this book. I thought it was a unique take on the Dickens classic and I'm all for author interpretations of classic works. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Unfortunately, for me, this one didn't. It just failed to capture my attention and whisk me away into the story, so for me, it was a dnf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment