Monday, July 21, 2014

Review: Until We Fly by Courtney Cole




Ex-Army Ranger, Brand Killien, has always been good. 

A good friend, a good soldier, a good everything. . 
The problem is, good hasn’t gotten him anything but a crushed heart. 

So after licking his wounds, he decides to move on. And moving on doesn’t include being good anymore. 

Jaded and detached, Brand is determined to never open himself up to anyone again. It’s not worth the pain. Instead, he becomes closed, hardened, aloof. 

But then he’s called back home for a family emergency… a family that he is estranged from. A family that he put out of his mind a long time ago for very good reasons…reasons that involve secrets and pain. Reasons he tried hard to forget. 

But home is where the heart is, and it just might be where Brand finds his again. 

Why? Because home is where Nora Greene is. A fiery, red-headed spitfire, Nora is a thing from his past. A beautiful, feisty thing. When Brand left, she was away at boarding school. 

But she’s back now. 

And she wants Brand, scars and all. 
(From Amazon)


My Thoughts:

I have read all of the books in the Beautifully Broken series by Courtney Cole and so I have been waiting awhile for Brand's story. He first appeared in Gabe's story and I immediately fell in love with him. So of course I wanted to know more about him. So consider my elation when I discovered that the author was finally - FINALLY - giving him his own story. After what he suffered through with Jacey in the last two books, I figured he deserved to get his own happy ending with a woman who is not only totally deserving of him, but will treasure him like no other. I am happy to say he gets all that with Nora Greene. She is an amazing woman who is enduring her own personal hell, but she is just so right for Brand. Together, they create and endearing love story that will leave readers breathless. And to think at one point, I wanted him to get together with Jacey (because he loved her so much), but after reading this story, I'm so glad he didn't. Jacey was all wrong for him, but Nora is completely right. And she loves him for all the right reasons (Jacey's were sometimes selfish),which is just what this incredible, wounded man deserves. I absolutely loved reading Brand's story - but I'm upset that it's over. What am I going to look forward to now?


Go read this book - you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment