Monday, May 21, 2012

Some Books Just Aren't for Me

I've been plagued by a rash of dnfs lately. I don't know what it is, but for some reason, I just couldn't finish or even get into the following books. (Hope you have better luck with them if you decide to try them.)

Bound to Me by JocelynnDrake
I don't know what it was that drew me to this book, because I just couldn't get into it. I tried several times, but no luck. I'm sure fans of the series will love it, but for me, it was a dnf.




Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

For some reason, I missed the fact that this was about zombies. I don't do zombies. I don't like zombies. And now I remember why. Sorry, but I just couldn't get into this book.



Velveteen by Daniel Marks

I couldn't get past the brutality of the opening in this one. I thought I could and I tried, but it was just so gruesome, I couldn't stomach it. This is a dnf for me.


Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

This was another one I just couldn't get into. If I find myself stalling within the first few pages, wondering what's going on, I usually don't finish the book. That's what happened with this one.


Confessions from an Arranged Marriag by Miranda Neville

This book was all right until the actual marriage - and then it kind of fizzled. I quickly lost interest in the story, the characters, and why they were even together in the first place.




No comments:

Post a Comment