Top 10 favorite places
10. When I lived on Guam I made a trek to what I called the shrimp caves, only in Soul Walker they were called the God Caves. I wanted so badly to dive into the tubes that led to some unknown.
9. There's this hike in Hawaii I couldn't resist even with the flash flood warnings, the ten foot fence, and the “hike closed” sign posted right next to my usual spot for breaking and entering. The muddy hike led to a cold pool and waterfall.
8. Sandy's Beach in Hawaii hosts so many wonderful memories and only one bad one (tried to body surf...bad idea!)
7. Long Beach, WA remains my family's go-to escape during the summer
6. The aquarium in Sydney Australia. Wow!
5. The country roads leading to my late great aunt's farmhouse in Iowa. I love drawing that old barn with the stone foundation.
4. The Grand Canyon. Enough said (though I went before the awesome skywalk that feels like you're walking on air, looking straight into the desert abyss)
3. My grandparents' cemetery in Iowa. My grandma used to take us there all the time to visit my grandpa. We'd meander through the older section first.
2. The Southern part of Guam where I discovered my absolute love of coconut candy...OMG!
1. Any place where my boys are laughing with me!
Soul Bender (A Touched Girl Series #2) by Robyn Jones
How much can a soul take before it breaks?
Anna Pierce has a vampire boyfriend, a driver's license, real friends for the first time since she was five, and now she faces one of her biggest challenges, senior year at a mostly all girls Catholic high school. Sure, she's a member of the talking crowd now, but she'll never be like everyone else. How can she when the first of her kind has camped out in her dreams?
Little dead girl Emily decides Anna's destiny can wait no longer. It's time for this generation's Touched girl to hunt. Trained in a virtual dream landscape to destroy all in her path, Anna must choose between her destiny, the one beat into her on a nightly basis, and her legacy, the one instilled in her by her parents.
Along the way, old enemies remain dutifully obsessed, new foes lurk in the shadows, and odd Little Duckie Anna Pierce sets out to be social.
Amazon = http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Bender-Touched-Series-ebook/dp/B00BSDSBJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365476855&sr=8-2&keywords=soul+bender
About Robyn Jones
I'm the mom of two hardcore boys. My oldest trained me to be matter-of-fact, no frills. My youngest wants the whole singsongy sweet package. Thank goodness for reading and writing because they are my sanity makers. I know life is all about the journey, that's why I like my fiction to be all about the destination. I want to be taken somewhere not here when I read, same goes with the stories I create. Thrills, chills, tears, and laughter, but there has to be something to hold on to at the end.
Twitter = https://twitter.com/robgirlbooks