Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine Blog Fest: First Touch



What can I say about First Touch? It is amazing in every sense as it sets the tone for the rest of the encounter and, perhaps, the relationship. If you're not turned on by touch, after all, why would you stay with the person? Touch is important, almost as important as sight.

Although we are very visual beings and our interests are more often than not engaged by what we see, that's only one part of us. We only see with our eyes, but we feel with every inch of our bodies. The gentle caress of a cheek, the stroke of a neck, the massage of a back. When a lover performs these acts on us, we feel it with the skin of our cheeks, along the curves of our necks, throughout various parts of our bodies. Touch is not relegated to one part of our bodies. It may start in one, but it fans out to cover every inch of us.

That is why it's so important for our partners to have the perfect touch. There's nothing worse than a partner who is rough or acts like he's handling a football and not a lover. It doesn't matter how cute he is, rough handling during a sensual encounter is a definite turn off. They must always be gentle and loving, like they are handling a precious jewel because, really, aren't they?


Do you have any stories about how the first touch of a lover affected you?

11 comments:

  1. My husband and I sparked each other every time we touched when we first met - and we still do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's my hair. Even now, if my hubby touches my hair--lightly brushing it away from face or tucking it behind my ear, it sends shockwaves tht make me tingle.

    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! Hope that doesn't get you into trouble at the hair salon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Margay *waves* I shared my first touch on the post at Ravencraft's...I've enjoyed reading over your post...and you are so right, it is important for couples to have the perfect touch.

    I see you're up for the party...no dancing on tables however...not until you're completely healed that is. *grins* Then...there's no stopping you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh, Kay Dee! I can see I have to keep my eye on you. Dancing on tables, huh?

      Delete
  4. It has been many years, but after sneaking out of our separate rooms to watch the sun rise, standing there in the quiet with his arms around me as we watched the day come to life was magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by to see what you did for first date. Still time to get that one up to enter in the blog award. I'll stop by later tonight.

    I do agree partners should have perfect touch. So much is conveyed. And yes, I do so love to be handled like the rare jewel I am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every woman absolutely should be treated like a jewel - we're all precious.

      Delete
  6. Not really... Ah well.... I don't have a whole lot of sexual experience, so.. Can't really sya....

    shadowestr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete